Job Title: Curriculum Developer and Lead Trainer
Department: Hanna Institute
Supervisor: Assistant Director – Training and Consulting
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Hanna Institute team, identify local, regional, and national market opportunities for training curricula and learning product development.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and community leaders to identify curricula content and create engaging online training modules, create content for exams and data collection, discussion boards, slides, and other engaging online and in-person courses.
- Familiarity with instructional design concepts and adult learning theories.
- Collaborate with Digital Learning Specialists and Programming and Events Manager to brainstorm innovative, immersive, and inspiring training and learning mediums, both live, remote, and asynchronous.
- Stay current with the research literature and emerging best practices related to instructional design for eLearning and facilitated training, workforce development, and user experience.
- Using best practices in adult education and instructional design, plan and develop Hanna-branded training curricula to support intended course goals and outcomes.
- Produce training materials including PowerPoints, facilitators guides, participant materials, and other content as needed to support a variety of learning formats, including in-person training, live webinars, instructor-led distance learning, online course moderation, and certificate/ continuing education.
- Support and advance the development and revision of online courses v providing content to Digital Learning Specialists and reviewing lessons and supporting resources to ensure content accuracy and engagement.
- Evaluates, adjusts, and continuingly improves instructional materials by conducting annual audits for the most updated and recent research.
- Expertise in the American Psychological Association (APA) formatting and citation.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing information, and strong research and design methods for building comprehensive presentations and courses.
- Serve as a lead trainer for concepts surrounding trauma-informed care, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and adverse childhood experiences.
- Work with clients and partners to understand training and learning needs, and curate curricula content accordingly under the direction of the Assistant Director of Training and Consulting.
- Oversee content expertise of other trainers.
- Provide support to external faculty or SMEs in a variety of learning formats and LMS platform.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to equity, social justice, and improving individual community health and well-being.
- Thorough knowledge of the neurobiology of trauma, trauma-informed practices and systems, protective and resilience-building factors in youth development practices.
- Knowledge of critical race theory, race-based traumatic stress.
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning principles and methodology, curriculum design and development models, principles, and practices.
- Significant training and teaching experience and comfort speaking to diverse and large audiences as well as smaller groups.
- Experience leading or developing a Training of the Trainer (ToT) programs and advanced skills in planning, resourcing, and monitoring effective training delivery.
- Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced and supportive environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to continue to learn, grow and develop personally and professionally.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Teams and eLearning development tools.
- Valid CA state driver’s license.
- Master’s Degree preferred; Psychology, Social Work, Marriage/Family Therapy or Public Health.
- Preferred 3-5 years of recent instructional design, curriculum, or training development experience.
- Preferred bilingual, but not required.
- Must clear background check for a Community Care Licensed facility, including physical, TB, proof of COVID vaccination and drug test.
- Sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Bend, squat, stoop and walk up a flight of stairs.
- Lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs., occasionally. Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal.
If interested in applying to any of these opportunities, please send a resume and cover letter to : email@example.com
Rev. 1.5.2022 – PDF Download